Murray Associates has been involved with the Market Square Presbyterian Church since the early 1940’s. To date, we have completed 20 commissions. Our most recent commission involved a complete Master Plan and subsequent projects including: interior renovations to the Nursery, Food Service, Information Center, Choir Rooms, as well as the instructional spaces throughout the building. A multimedia center was installed that connected the Sunday School rooms to the Sanctuary.
Finally, we introduced an atrium to fill the space between the Church and the Market Square Parking Garage. Our new Narthex design utilized 3 large skylights allowing natural light to penetrate into the space. The historic main entrance from Second Street into the Narthex remains, but the Chestnut Street Narthex has become the “New Front Door” to the Church.