Murrays was founded in 1935 by William Lynch Murray, with the commission to design this twelve-story office building on the corner of State and Third Streets, across from the Pennsylvania State Capital Complex. William Lynch began designing in Harrisburg ten years prior with the earliest project being the William Penn High School in 1925.
The above drawing is an original scan of the Third and State Street Building, Option 1, 1935. The Photo is of the completed building circa. 2020.